January 1, 2014

Disappointment with the 1/100 MG Jesta



I just cannot get used to the hands on this kit. They were molded separately from the normal trees- and it's that new molding technology Bandai has been using. However, as you will soon discover if you try to move the fingers too far they will go flying. Already I have had one finger go flying after I put too much pressure on it. I can't find it, and I don't have the patience to look any further than I did. I am going to see if I can order some aftermarket parts instead.

The dual peg system is just awful. There is one peg in the hand and one in the rifle that both fit into the same grove. Since the pegs are free to rotate up and down, they never line up and make it more of a pain in the ass to get the hands the way you want them.

Compounding these issues is the fact that he cannot hold his weapon very well. I am getting limp-wristing already, and immediately I suspect the construction of the hands.

Replacement parts for 1/100 MGs can be found here. Hobbylink Japan gets free advertising from me because they are saving my ass by offering an availability of kits and aftermarket parts. I have done business with them and I trust them 100%. Shipping has been early or on time.

EFSF Hands 1
Verniers (Boosters)

No comments: