April 28, 2007

Trains and Lanes Hobbies


There is a owner owned hobbystore down around Route 33 off of Newburg Road named "Trains and Lanes Hobbies". They mostly specialize in RC Cars; about a quarter of the entire store is dedicated to RC Cars, servicing, and repairs. They also have RC Plane experts on hand. If you are really into Lionel trains, they have shelves upon shelves of Lionel trains, gear, equipment, and cars. They also have scenery stuff if you like building your own layouts. It's basically a local dream lionel store if you live in the Lehigh Valley area. Take 22 (East or West) towards the Route 191 Nazareth Pike exit, Head north along 191 until you pass a large lutheran church and graveyard. You should come to a 4 way intersection with the newburg in nearby at the corner. Turn right (coming off of route 22, if not always turn opposite the newburg in) onto Newburg road and drive for about 3 or 4 miles. Watch out for a somewhat hidden and sudden stop sign: turning right there will take you on Route 33 North. Go across the bridge, take an immediate left, and you will arrive at the back entrance. If you are coming down 191 South out of Nazareth, take a left at the intersection with the Newburg Inn Restauraunt.



Finally, the other half of the store is just plastic models. About a dozen rows (each 100+ feet long) full of models, ranging from WWII artillery to aircraft to ships to cars to... anything almost. The place is really a friggin' huge warehouse of models you can get at really great prices. I picked up a USS Missouri there for $39.98, where at retail they go for about $100. You can find some real gems there if you look hard enough. They have everything you practically need for scratchbuilding. One of the only things I DONT like about the store is that 1) they dont carry Gundam models and 2) they don't really stock up on heroclix stuff, warhammer, etc. Their low prices and location (I can drive up there, get what I need and be back in 20 minutes or less) well make up for lack of imports. They have kits such as Tamiya, Revell, MiniHobbies, etc and quite a few more. If you are into models, lionel, or RC stuff, head over to Trains and Lanes hobbies and check it out. I definetly recommend it if you need to find some stuff in the local area. Be warned: you may spend some time searching for what you need: it is a large place!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you actually found a pic of this place. I havnt been there in over 1 year. How are they doing over there? Is their website still up? I cant find it!

Rob said...

Yeah it is still doing great: There are a lot of RC events going on and everytime I go there someone is working on an RC Car/Racer or Airplane. They cleaned up and organized the ship section =D

Anonymous said...

Thats kool. Do you know anything about racing there? I was thinking about giving my TC3 a try.

Anonymous said...

I've been there several times.
Actually stumbled upon it by accident when visiting some people
up there in Pennslyvania. It is
a huge place and I have never seen
such a huge inventory of train
stuff of all gauges. Everytime
we visit up there I make it a point to go in there and buy some
h.o. gauge stuff for my train layout.

Anonymous said...

I've been there several times.
Actually stumbled upon it by accident when visiting some people
up there in Pennslyvania. It is
a huge place and I have never seen
such a huge inventory of train
stuff of all gauges. Everytime
we visit up there I make it a point to go in there and buy some
h.o. gauge stuff for my train layout.

dannny said...

What is the Trains and Lanes website because I can not find it, please reply.

-Thanks