August 12, 2012

Loading my First Home Dishwasher

Today I reach a milestone in life. I am twenty-three years old and I have never loaded a dishwasher before. Ever. (the one in the kitchen I worked at doesn't count- that's an industrial sized one that you simply load the dirty stuff into after getting gunk off)

In college I worked at the campus restaurant, and learned multiple skills that helped me to properly clean the family kitchen. I properly cleaned bowls and plates of caked on food, loaded them and other utensils into the washer, the soap thing, pressed two buttons, and wallah.

I also properly soaped down the granite counters and cleaned them. They are common places for bacteria to thrive, the next step up would be cutting boards. I learned all of these techniques in a kitchen. It may sound trivial, but I am someone who grew up with the luxury of mom "doing it for me".

I am proud of my small, daily accomplishment- but dang is it tedius ._.

No comments: