July 9, 2011

RX-78-G05 Wrap Up- May Need a Few Days

I'm being lenient here and I don't want to rush. I tried going out this evening to get some more paint- but hobby stores in Illinois like to close at 7:30pm. It's annoying. Since I can't paint my sea gray, I am going to move the pieces out of paint that have not been painted and we will get the gray and red parts in for their turn. Might as well do this now and save some time.

As I was painting, I noticed paint running off a part or two. I proceeded to exclaim #$%@, and let the parts dry. When dry, they will be sanded lightly, then repainted. I found that after spraying the part (farther away this time) you can hold it up to a fan and have the drying process accelerated. I will do this from now on. Know what really gets me on models? the impatience of tying up the final loose ends... it will almost be done and then I will spot something needing work! Speaking of work, I need to get that base ready to go as well. That will take 15-20 minutes.

A look at the instructions.

Messy yes? I've been living in the basement for a few days because the Air Conditioner broke. It was 20 degrees cooler than the rest of the house. Temperatures in the house reached about 96 degrees. It was around 103 outside. Don't ask about the Obama card.

Parts attached to the styrofoam block before painting.


Got cats? bag your parts. It helps me to keep them organized.

Wrapping tape around toothpicks.

Pepsi- my soft drink of choice. Not for much longer- once the two twelve packs I have are gone, I am kicking the stuff.




Shoulders fitted. See how the gray of the shoulders and the gray of the torso are different? The shoulders need to go into paint.



Family Guy helps while I assemble the final pieces of the kit.

No comments: