June 18, 2007

OC Vacation 2007: Day 2

I havn't really done much today (June 17th) other than go out and relax around the condo. We were treated to a nice showoutside full of speedboats and helicopters. Before we got into town, we had lunch at a local Bob Evans restauraunt. I satagainst the window, and noticed someone was pulling a friggin huge purple boat, upon a closer look I figured out that it wasa speedboat. They must have held a race, because the track was set up like one. They had helicopters chasing the speedboats so I assumed they were filmers taking aerial shots of the boats. The coastguard was around looking for something, and at first I thought it was a part to a boat or something. But even as I type later in the evening, the coastguard chopper still is hovering around, obviously now looking for someone, dead or alive is a good question. (later edit- a 19 year old drowned at sea fighting a rip current.)


Seems someone either went overboard or got caught in a rip current and died of exhaustion. We went to Higgins crab house, although I am not a crab (or seafood for that matter) eater, I did have their mozzerella stick appetizer which I found to be really good. We finished up crabs and I got to take a peel inside the Kite Loft off on 7th Street.A lot of the kites impressed me, but honestly I am happy with my 10 foot Delta Kite. I really am considering an abstractflyer or stunt kite next year when I come down. I bought a tail for my 4.5 foot Delta, a 110 pound (80 pound too weak)line along with a matching (but different) 24 foot tube sock for my 10 foot Delta. I was talking with my father about howrecently, I was becoming more frugal and careful with my money. A lot of stuff in Ocean City gift shops really impressesme, but I realize it is stuff I will forget about or really don't need. I'm still looking to get an Aloha type shirt though.





No comments: