June 20, 2007

OC Vacation 2007: Day 3

Got the privilidge today of heading over to one of my best friend's house. We've been friends since 6th grade (so that makes it 6 years then!). I clearly remember the day when I met him; crystal clear. There was a really bad snow storm, andthe snow piled up to about 3 feet in most areas. We both got off the bus and all we could see was an endless view of white.He couldn't find his house, and I had no idea where it is. Turned out that I we were actually going in the wrong direction,but we did eventually find it. We flew him up to Pennsylvania for my graduation. I am so glad he was able to make it upfor the occasion, graduating was important to me and with my best friend watching, it made it that much better.


He was over at his girlfriends house, so we got directions there and eventually, I arrived. We had a lot of fun, looking at anime musicvideos and playing the WOW TCG. We talked a bit about college and stuff, and eventually we went down to my best friends house.I pulled out a suprise. Before we left on vacation, I went to Best Buy to browse around. While browsing the anime sectionI found a few awesome releases: Hellsing, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu! (which I picked up) then something that almost made meshout FUKAREZUNA!! (WTF?!?). I found the collector's edition, english release of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.


No arguement,I picked it up and went to checkout. The quality obviously went up as Geneon did a fantastic job with the english dubbing.I had predicted they would rape the anime, but Geneon knows what they are doing. We watched the first 5 episodes and playeda little of his Xbox 36 (I am considering purchasing one). We played with his voice changer and a little more of the WOW TCG. He had to work the next day, so I got a ride back and fell asleep back at the condo. During my interesting day, my parents, my sister and her friend (herein "gang") visited Assateaque Island right outsideof Ocean City. I heard they had a good time, and got a suprise visit on the beach by wild horses! One got so close to mydad that he ripped the book out of my dads hands while he was reading it! (he got the book back). They got tons of amazingpictures, and I was sad that I couldn't get video footage for the family vacation video. Plenty for the slide show, but I really need more video.





No comments: