June 18, 2007

OC Vacation 2007: Day 1

Finally at the Ocean on Vacation. I have been looking forward to this trip for quite some time now, since aroundFebruary. The condominium we rented out is pretty sweet: a 700 square foot condo conmplete with a washer/dryer, two full bathrooms, an oven, microwave, 24" screen TV, a DVD player, a fridge, toaster, blender, you get the picture. Entering our room, I couldn't help but notice the nice small ammenities adorning the room: figures and pictures ofthings collected around Ocean City, or in the theme of it. I walked out onto the patio and found that we had an Ocean-sideview from the second floor- the ocean was beautiful, and it was really easy to breathe in a sigh of relief as you couldbreathe in the salty air coming in from the ocean.


We drove around a bit and decided to walk at the beginning of the boardwalk when my sister and her friend went off anddid other stuff. I remember having a very delicious orange sherbert custard. We walked by a lot of stores and I reallydidn't find anything that interested me. We stopped by this one store and they had dragon sculptures, but I thought theywere to expensive for iron recasts. We walked about a fourth of the way down and decided to head home. We crossed theroute 5o bridge and saw a lot of seamen and fishermen attempting to get a nice catch. I remember my mom making a comment how the seagulls were standing on water when they were actually standing on a sandbar catching the fish that got too close.





No comments: