February 3, 2007

Rage of Firebird: Final Sanding Preparation

Rage is coming along very well now. I've left no room for screw eyes, so I'm going to have the screw eyes stick out from the sides. Presto! were back in business.

It's a good thing I chose the heavier block: Rage of Firebird weighed in at 14.7 grams as a body, the lightest I have ever given any Firebird to date. With wheels and axels she ways in at 36.5 grams, so we need to add some weight. I have axel bushels on the way to reduce friction, and also picked up a bottle of graphite, a dry lubricant that is legal for the races. I will add steel axels and washers for weight just as I did with Revenge. Not too many, but enough to just hit 50 gram, the minimum weight. I had a preminition the other day, that Rage of Firebird will do extremely well in the races. The car will break 1.000 seconds. It has been final sanded, and I will add coats of sanding sealer as soon as I build the rear power plant back up to meet the 3mm thickness rule. The car should be done and painted by about Tuesday or Wednesday.

I've also began a Wiki on LSRAV if anyone is interested. Head over to Wikipedia.org and type in search "LSRAV" to see what I have started. Enjoy! (PS, for these races I have another ACE up my sleeve....)

No comments: