July 29, 2009

Am I Back in a Big Way


Model building.



My cousin recently graduated from the army (congratulations) and I wanted to build something for him. Immediately I thought of a Blackhawk helicopter, but alas, I don't have the money to buy the kit ($50 USD) paint it, then detail it. So a current project will have to do; and I have over a dozen to choose from. I have to choose the best for him, so the M113 ACAV from Tamiya it is.


I will have this thing complete in two to three weeks (liberal amount of time). I would like to get it attached to a base securely and have the base stained before hand and a name plate put onto it. In the picture I posted, I am going for the rusted/weathered approach that this modeler went for, except my model will be less superior; I don't have the money to buy detailed photo etched sets. Tamiya still has some great models out of the box though, and I am sure my cousin will appreciate the detail.


I've also been insulted that models are mere toys, and that my cousin isn't going to like it. I don't care what people post on the internet, but I feel very insulted when insulted face to face. I am going to build this model to the highest quality that I can in my state (it IS for a fellow countryman, after all) and it is getting shipped to his house so he can see it when he comes home from the base. I am building the model and I am going to enjoy it, no questions asked. I'm not done at this model either- I will build until the day I die.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good on you dude I bet your cousin will really appreciate the hard work and thought that you will put into it, I am currently working on a Revell Avro Lancaster bomber for my Great Uncle who was a pilot flying Lancasters in WW2 they are not mere toys they are scale replicas of real world objects and providing they bring happiness/satisfaction the their owners then thats all that matters