April 3, 2008

"American Components, Russian Components! All made in Taiwan!




It was my birthday Monday and I acquired another model- Tamiya's 1/350 USS Enterprise. This kit is absoloutly HUGE, around 3.297feet (1005mm) in length. This project is massive and it is going to take a couple of months to complete. Here is what I want to do with the aircraft carrier:


-Sound system (2 speakers, hooked into Ipod/MP3 system)
-Mossfet system
-rotateable radar (seperate motor system)
-switch to control power (50%power or 100% power)
- LED lighting system (on landing strip, island, all across ship)


I purchased extra aircraft sets and I will be completing the USS Enterprise in her 1986-1989 fitting (I am leaning to do 1989 since I was born in 1989). The kit is definetly going to take a while, and I can't wait until she is done. I just hope all of these motors can push all this weight!!

Also, in protest to China and a general increase in my decisions when purchasing goods, I am reducing the amount of Chinese components in this kit. I don't think China is fit to hold the Olympics and their supression of freedom of speech and thought is wrong. I am reducing the amount of Chinese components for the following reasons in addition:

1) Increase in steel prices.
2) Disregard and ignorance for dangerous chemicals in toys.
3) General poor quality lately.
4) Supression of human rights.
5) One of the major places encouraging outsourcing.
6) Sweatshops.


I am actively seeking out American components and anything "Made in the USA!" to make my small contribution to getting our country self-sufficient.

No comments: