February 7, 2008

The Sounds of the Sea: Upgrading BB-63






I've seen that 300 plus people want to see the Missouri started so that is what I will do this weekend. I have been looking into installing a larger speaker into the ship so we can have sounds. I have the battle call for the Iowa Class as well as some turret firing sounds, 5" shell fire sounds and Motor sounds among other things. I hope to elaborate soon and post some pictures of the final product. Heres a use for that old Ipod...


I've worked on it a bit this weekend and I am aboloutely horrified by the brushed on deck tan job. I just can't get the paint to settle properly out of the bottle and there is no "even" coat of paint. Subsquent paint jobs are beginning to fill in the gaps of the deck scribing. I don't like the idea of this, but I have no choice but to mask as much as possible and spray a deck tan. I will have to come back later and paint the deck details their respective colors. Meanwhile I have started test fitting the superstructure in an attempt to make progress on the model where the decks are freezing my progress. After the decks are complete it will be time to seal the hull halves together to prevent leaking.

No comments: