January 24, 2008

1/350 BB-63 Mighty Mo Progress

Two 3 volt motors that we hacked out of one of my old battle bot toys. These will power the propeller shafts from a 6 volt battery we plan to hack out of a future RC Car.


One of the bulkheads hanging out behind the battery compartment. It's not fit in there properly yet and the gaps in the lower corners will be neatly filled with epoxy... or I could use plumbers goop- perfect for blocking water.

My new Dremel Drill Press that I got with giftcard money from Christmas. The DDP is great and allows me to drill out portholes and cannons. I can also convert the thing into a drum sander (that is how I was rounding off the edges of my bulkheads). Assembling the press wasn't fun and was very complicated.

Oddly enough my roommate got a spurge of energy so we got cooking a little this evening on Mighty Mo. I painted the struts and rudder and my roommate is gluing them to the hull now as I finish up some of the bulkheads in advance, that way if electronics or linkage get in the way then we can more easily work with the bulkheads which should prevent a massive leak. I may also give Mo more deck tan paint tonight to see how it comes out. More when I get a chance to work on Mo this weekend.

No comments: