January 22, 2008

Treasure Mountain



This is one of those things that makes you say OH MY GOD.


Treasure Mountain!! I played this game in the third grade way back... wow when? in 1996. Treasure Mountain was an educational game series that asked a series of mathematical questions (the original) that went up to simple multiplication and division that I can easily do in my head in a few split seconds these days. You went up sections of the hill and completed mathematical questions (in my case of treasure mathstorm, I was awarded with a snowball or two). With those snowballs, you could stack them up to get one of three clues. Three clues got you to the next leg of the mountain, and after two or three legs you would eventually find gems that eventually summed up into a giant crystal that "defeats the evil wizard". In the case of a game I still love, Treasure Cove, you collect gems and eventually rebuild the rainbow bridge to defeat the maniac madman that is poisoning the local tropic waters. Great education game, but having to do it 300+ times of climbing the mountain can drive you nuts. Perfect for those 50 minute "computer time"
classes in elementary school, all the less we enjoyed it. I figured I'd pop it into Youtube and I found it.

No comments: