October 27, 2007

SolidWorks




Solidworks is an engineering program that takes the basics from CAD software and enables the user to create 3D models of their parts or assemblies. As a Penn State student you can gain access to this amazing program because part of your tuition pays for it. If you are considering any type of Engineering, Penn State Berks offers hands on learning and smaller class sizes than University Park. I know my professors here and I am not student number 4556. The software enables you to sketch a 3d image with constraints, then allows you to extrude and modify the sketch to transform it into a 3D part.


Here are some pieces I have been working on; really I was fooling with the program because I am still new to it. It is becoming easier to use, though once I play with a piece too much for some reason I can't sketch anymore.... may have to ask the professor about that. I am sure as I progress in my college career that I will learn to use Solidworks. Great program, hefty pricetag for the license, but I highly recommend it.

No comments: