November 23, 2010

Worldbreaker Sneak Peak- Time is Money, Friend!

I realized that today is Monday and not Sunday... and that I am leaving the state in a couple of days to visit family in the south. There is no internet access there, so I'd better roll on with the previews! (don't worry, I have blogger programmed to post sneak peaks even though I am gone!)

In Cataclysm, the goblins are a new playable race for the Horde. They have been introduced into the card game as well- and their new racial is "Time is Money". How does it work? When an ally has Time is Money, they can use exhaust powers immediately! This can prove to be an interesting combo maker for future decks. The cards I am posting will show you why.

I doubt their good looks, but goblins may prove to be an interesting race. Exxi is an awesome [3/3] drop for cost 3. If you put her in a deck with goblins (or somehow get two Exxi's out), you can use her TiM (time is money) ability to ready another target ally. This can have huge implications for future cards, and allows for a couple of interesting combos. In the back of my head, I'm thinking just how nasty a ferocity/TiM deck could be- a new evolution of rush decks, perhaps?

Jezziki doesn't impress me too much, but her TiM makes up for it a little. She has 5 health for a 4 drop, which is mediocre. She'll stay on the board, and possibly keep an ally alive for you- but remember the cost you are paying to do it (4 to plop Jezziki down).

TiM seems like an evolved form of Inspiring Presence, but perhaps it will show itself to be useful. Since this a new gameplay mechanic, it will take some time to review the new cards from Worldbreaker and how TiM can be utilized effectively. I know one thing- goblins are going to see play!

No comments: