November 6, 2010

Revamping Unholy Pain

Many of you know about my death knight deck- but you may not know the name. Officially, I called it "Unholy Pain". Through tests and pvp matches, I want to make a few modifications to this deck to make it better. The main problem with the deck is a lack of draw power. Going back and looking at the deck, it only has 12 quests. This quest count is too low, and I recommend 15-18 quests. If you know what you are doing, you can add more quests for additional card draw.

The second problem this deck has is a lack of removal. An arms warrior deck was wailing on this death knight, and a totem shaman locked me out. This deck, in PVP, needs better removal cards. Since I keep this as a dual pvp and raid deck, I won't get too snippy on removal- the goal of this deck is straight DPS and not control. Well, there is some control in the form of mind freeze, but you get my point. If the additional quests don't help (I average 2-3 per opening hand) then I will have to try and factor in some more draw power.

Here is the old deck. I took out 3x Mark of Undeath and put it in the future sideboard.

thankyou http://www.wowtcgvault.com/ for the graphic.

No comments: