January 10, 2009

Dragon M1A1 Abrams

I couldn't find many good pictures of Abrams tank models.... But I like this one here. Instead of the light tan, I would have went with a lighter brown. Instead of dusting it with sand, I would have muddied up the tank, and believe me, I will muddy up the tank. I prefer tank models when they have seen action; they seem more life like. After a stellar job on my Merkava, I am ready to tackle this Abrams.


I picked up this kit shortly before the winter holiday and it has to be one of the best model kits I have ever seen produced to date. The M1 Abrams is the main battle tank of the US Army. To date, one has not been lost to enemy fire. These monsters guzzle gas at approximatly 1/4 a mile per gallon (or so I hear). After all, a 68 ton bohemeth with a jet engine needs a lot of gas to produce a lot of torque to move the thing. Off road I believe it can hit around 40mph, now THAT would be a fun ride!


Kit Advantages
+ Amazing Detail
+ Free photoetch with the kit
+ Detailed instructions and paint guide


Kit Disadvantages
- No engine detail (no molded engine, I am an engineer, I want to see it!)
-Plastic tracks (I prefer rubber)


I will post pictures once I get my camera back up and running, but this tank will be a dream to build. It will probably take a while too with all the parts, but it will be a job well worth it.

No comments: