January 4, 2008

1/700 Trumpeter CV-10 (USS Yorktown) Progress

Returning to a normal sleep schedule I have decided to get some model work done today and I chose to work on the CV-10. I patched up and sharpened the camo lines on the hull and that will take a few more sessions to complete until I am fully satisfied with the job. I have gotten to the point where I need to paint a lot of guns, turrets and mounts so painting all of these tiny pieces black has been a inconvinience. Oh well- I am taking my time with this kit and already it is starting to come together.

The aircraft were molded in crystal (see through) so it will be interesting to see how I paint them. I am trying to track down some primer first and if I cannot locate any then I will attempt to paint the aircraft their appropriate colors. According to the Box Art I have enough aircraft to fit on top of the deck near the rear. I will be constructing bits and bobs, but for now painting tiny details will get tiresome- hopefully I can complete this build soon. Pics once I get a hold of my camera again.

No comments: