December 26, 2007

Last Night Twas the Night on Christmas...

Looks like I got some pretty neat stuff- this Christmas was a more applicable one than other stuff. I got a 200 dollar gift card to Hobbytown USA, which I will be using on a dremel drill press rig along with a couple of models. My mind is undecided at the moment, I want to build both the Bismarck and the King George V, however I can always get a Bismarck another time and that may prevent me from building it. There are many other kits out there that I wish to build, so I am not sure exactly what I want at this point.

Got a Penn State trashcan- those things are nearly impossible to find. I also got Super Mario Galaxy, Battallion Wars 2 and Call of Duty 3. All are excellent games and I have been chilling out all day playing them yesterday. Mario has a fresh clean look and feel to it and it is a great game- however I have found it slightly on the easier side. Still enjoyable though. Call of Duty 3 was one of those "holy bleep!" games where you get into the thick of the action and you have no idea who or what to shoot or where to go. I love the game despite the bad control scheme (I am getting used to it, but the Wii-zapper could help the game out). Batallion Wars II, despite the reviews and ratings its getting is a solid game; I enjoy moving pieces around, especially in a virtual setting (I love table top RPGs) so naturally I would like the game. It is fast paced but not too fast where you can't catch up. I failed one mission because I drove my recon vehicle off a cliff and blew it up (I needed it to finish).

I also got some clothes and the like, etc. This christmas came out alright in terms of gifts, but somehow I feel empty from the experience- partly due to some family relationship issues, the laptop, my illness, etc. We may have to take the laptop and get it repaired by tech, but mark my words I will get the thing back online and healthy. I was slighlty lax on security and even though my security was great- something got through. We restored the machine and the worm followed it along with the process, so it has been a very bad 48 hours as of late. I would like to wish Jesus Christ a happy birthday and I would pray that he forgive some of the things my relatives say or do- because I am having a very rough time right now getting around to forgiving them. I will sooner or later- but my independence mixed with my experience tells me it's time to move on alone with minimal parental support.

No comments: