December 31, 2007

COBRA Sort of a Flop- Sort of

Just coming back this weekend from a trip/vacation to Maryland to see the grandparents. I brought the COBRA system along and oddly enough my grandfather wanted to help out (instead of standing around) and I really appreciate his help in getting my new schrader valve into the pressure chamber. We sealed it up and I let it dry overnight.

Yesterday morning I tested the gun and it held even more pressure than before, however there was one issue- there was a spot near the endcap that was still leaking- the hole was maybe 1/16th of an inch (1cm) wide but it was getting rid of 4-5psi per second and I could not pump faster than what I was losing at about 35psi. When I hit 40psi the 1 1/4" pvc connecting pipe disconnected and the end of it exploded. I was fine: the pieces exploded into the pressure chamber (it didn't sound violent) before disconnecting. I will cut out the pipe and install a new piece: the disconnection was due to improper construction: when I stood the gun up I could feel that pipe trying to move ever so slightly. It is now out, and I will definetly fix the problem.

Other than that tiny leak and the pipe, I have come VERY close to getting the cannon to work properly. It's just very frustrating to have something work then another problem come up. Oh well, that is just how stuff goes I suppose. Get it right, find a problem, get set back two or three days. Hopefully the kinks can be worked out with this gun- having the gun sealed and the valve put in has been a major plus for me. Hurrah to epoxy!

(Off-topic) I need to post more anime entries, I promise I will very soon and I will cover more anime for 2008 ^^.

No comments: