November 24, 2007

Miyamoto Leaks A Tidbit of Information on the Next Zelda Installation


Quoted from timeout.com :


Is it just us, or does every Legend of Zelda game basically tell the same story over and over again?


Miyamoto: That’s actually something we grapple with every time we create a new one. It’s a constant struggle that game developers have with technology. Do you use new technology to make a game more complex and complicated? Or do you use new technology to take what you’ve done in the past, but do it this time in a new way that makes it feel refreshing, even though it is, at heart, the same thing? In terms of the story, of course, sometimes we think it might be a good idea to go in a new direction. But at the same time, you have these well-developed characters like Link and Zelda, and people want to see them. But, to be honest, starting with next installment in the Zelda series, maybe we’ll really take some new leaps, and bring in some very new and different elements that we haven’t seen in Zelda games before.



I am totally pumped about this! I agree that it is a heated debate among developers however I pray that Nintendo plugs in some Nostalgia into these new leaps. Nintendo has never let me down in the past so I am assuming they will not mess up this epic series of video games. Bring on some new challenges! I cannot wait and I will be preordering the first dawn of light that I can.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Yay, new material! I can't wait.