November 4, 2007

2009: Trip to Japan is ON

I was talking with one of my good friends the other day and he agreed to accompany on a trip to Japan in the summer of 2009. How stoked am I for this trip! It is such a ways away but I am excited to start preparing the two week incursion. I have always wanted to visit the land of the rising sun and the summer of 2009 is a perfect time to do it before I get started on my engineering career. I was saving the trip for much later, but I found that it may be difficult once I have a firm job in place. I can't just waltz up to my supervisors and ask for a month or so off to travel.

I want to stay in Tokyo and get a sense of the culture there. I want my friend and myself to hit Akihabara to see what it is all about and blow tons of money there! (thats depending if we will have money to spend after the airline ticket prices!). This will be my second time traveling out of the country, but my first time traveling over 7,000 miles. I went to Canada when I was younger, but back then before terrorism got worse you did not need a passport to get into Canada. Now you do. I need to figure out how to get my passport so I can make a dream trip become a reality.

No comments: