October 18, 2007

Stockpiling Problem




HELP! I have too many models and I know what to do about it!

It seems like I am buying too many models lately, I told myself no but when I went out to Reading, PA today I couldn't help myself when I saw a 1/350 IJN Yamato, mint in shrink wrap, on discount, for sale. The Tamiya IJN 1/350 Yamato is out of circulation and they are making no more. My first impression was wow! This ship is WIDER than I thought, no wonder this behemoth weighed in at 70,000+ tonnes. It will take a lot of work but I am excited to get started on this model, I am going to give it a weathering treatment along with some rust. I did a 1/600 Yamato so this shouldn't be a problem.


As a long standing joke, my Electrical Circuits Professor watches a show on MSNBC called "The Office". I thought it was funny when I watched a bit of it, but its really white collar humor that only people in offices would understand. He also enjoys Battlestar Galactiga, and I spotted a Viper model in the back and it was only $12.99 so I picked it up and I am going to make it for him as a joke. Shouldn't take me long to complete.


So now I have NINE model kits in reserve waiting to be built. I am going to hold off on buying anymore models until I can secure a internship and earn a bit of pocket change. Next project aho!

No comments: