September 16, 2007

Anime Watch: Blood+



Havn't made an anime post in a while and I feel guilty not posting anything: so I'll post before I need to head back to the dorm. Blood+ is an anime following Saya, an anemic girl who one day finds out that her blood is the only blood that can eliminate the Chiroptera, a race of horrible monsters infecting the Earth. Joining Red Shield after her (adoptive) father's death, Kai and Riku (adopted brothers) follow Saya as she travels with Hagi (Haji in english), her chavalier (for non french educated peeps, "cha-va-liyay") to kill Diva, supposedly the source of all the problems with Chiroptera.


I thought this anime was boring in the beginning but got a lot better around episode 20. I have seen up to 25 and I don't want to spoil anything because this is one of those titles that pops up every few years that brings something fresh and new to the scene, using Hyde and Uverworld for their opening song lyrics. So an anime done by Production I/G combining fresh (pastel/colorful) openings with ground breaking Jpop/JRock? sign me up please! Watch the clip I provided to see what I mean exactly.


Saya will discover her past and must accept it after the wishes of her adoptive father. Just who is Diva, what did she do, what is her responsibility in the outbreak and just exactly what is Saya and Haji's story? Watch Blood+ to find out. Looks good doesn't it? It IS one of those good anime shows that pop up every so often only so often.

No comments: