November 1, 2006

Revenge of Firebird (III) HUGE Success!!!!

















Revenge has successfully raced and competed against the rest of the class. The car as a whole traveled 1.043 seconds at roughly 44mph. The car also ranked 3rd place in fastest times, so I am more than pleased with its performance; it accomplished EXACTLY what I wanted it to do, and better! The top three cars are considered TSA Record worthy, and I am proud to say that Revenge has added more weight under the Firebird name. I can't take any photos of it (since the instructor has it to grade) but I did put up a pre-finish photo before I put it up for paint. The car, in total weighed 52 grams with steel washers and steel axels. The body weighs alone about 18.6 grams. Yes, I did lose my race (against the Engineer who took 2nd place), yes I did receive a lot of strong criticism, but when your car takes 3rd place in the class, the smack talk stops =p.


The Revenge of Firebird
Length: 267mm

Wood Type: Balsa Wood(Soft, Porous, Expensive!)

Weight (Body): 18.6 grams (underweight)

Weight (Car): 52.0 grams

Wheel Type: Lightweight-Standard Pitsco

Wheel Design: 4-Wheeled Car

Wheel Placement: Interior

Body Interior: Semi-Hollow, Cushioned

Body Width: 42mm

Nose Design: Low-Rider, "Stealthy" Air-Piercer

Recorded Time: 1.043 seconds (3rd Place)

Actual Speed: 43.47 mph

Launch 1: Successful

Launch 2: No relaunch

Body Color: Platinum

Wheel Color: not painted

Axel Color: Alluminum

Pin Stripe Color: Navy Blue (lower body pinstripes)

No comments: