October 17, 2006

Budget: Japanime Spendings for 2006

My my... I love seeing how much money comes out of my wallet for these sort of things. I am a HUGE sucker for Japanese Anime, Manga etc and I LOVE IT when stores such as Borders, Waldenbooks, etc have discounts especially on buying manga in bulk. I went out today to finish up my Ruroken collection (instead of look for Elfen Lied, I couldn't resist!). I had no idea which books I was specifically missing, however I did get all the rest of them from 20 to 28. Buy 3 novels and get the 4th free, nice. Because I also signed up with the Borders member program, I was discounted 23% off my total dues (and this is EXCLUDING the free books!) So I ended up saving nearly $30-$45 USD. I would HIGHLY recommend checking out Borders or WaldenBooks for your manga shopping, because when they order... they order. I stared at 9-10 shelves of manga galore, then an additional 5 shelves of anime/manga paraphanelia (Full Metal Alchemist tote bags, Keychains, etc).

Ruroken Manga Collection: 26 books, 3 free costing $206.70USD

Total Manga Expenditures: -$286.20
Total Anime Expenditures: -$335.96
Total Paraphanelia Expenditures: -$202.99
Total Model Kit Expenditures: -$119.43

Total Japanime Spendings for 2006 (so far):: -$944.58 (YOWZA)

(What can I say, I love my hobbies! This does not even include my swords, computer software, etc.)

No comments: