July 29, 2008

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Airs on Sci-Fi Channel




I caught wind of this last night on DannyChoo.com and decided to stay up later to watch- and it was worth it. Bandai did a great job on the voice overs, I had a fun time last night following along with the episodes and I thought they were well done. One thing I thought was odd was that I thought things were slightly sped up to get in commerical time, though that just may be my hypothyroidism (it may seem like time is SLOWING DOWN or SPEEDING UP for me at times, though it doesn't change). The dub could have been a lot worse, but I thought it was pretty dang good. More on this post later- gotta rush into work.



To answer Q's question:
Gurren Lagann so far has my two thumbs up: I would equate it in stature to Full Metal Panic but just under- they are both good and they have my stamp of approval- worthy of watching. For age groups, I say 14+, but I can't gauge that accurately since I havn't seen the entire series. Lots of fan service with Yoko so I say 14+.

2 comments:

Q said...

I haven't watched Gurren Lagann before, but there is a very positive feedback of it in general (and a lot of fandom on Yoko). How much would you recommend this anime overall and to what kind of audience?

Rob said...

To answer Q's question:


Gurren Lagann so far has my two thumbs up: I would equate it in stature to Full Metal Panic but just under- they are both good and they have my stamp of approval- worthy of watching. For age groups, I say 14+, but I can't gauge that accurately since I havn't seen the entire series. Lots of fan service with Yoko so I say 14+.