June 19, 2008

M4a1 Walker Bulldog Progress, Part 1



As a side project to my USS Enterprise, I have been working on an armor project lately that has been somewhat boring, but will be a lot of fun to finish.




I began a few days ago painting the wheels. According to reference photos and photos taken of similar models, the wheels are painted black and the interior rim is the same color as the rest of the body. I am using Pollyscale's Engine Black, once all the wheels are painted I will laquer coate them and fit them to the hull.


I also decided to paint the browning machine gun on the sprue to add a black base coat. I also painted one of the utility boxes with a black base coat. I would like each to be a lighter gray, but I am debating on lightening up the browning machine gun and/or adding metallic enhancements to make it appear as though it is metal.




The body of the tank has not needed extensive work, and the hull (and turret) came off so clean that I will not need to spray paint the body- I like the mold color (that means "good job, Tamiya!"). I have been debating on adding lights to the tank and adding a motor, but I just want to finish this piece as a model and be done with it. By no means am I hurrying, though. I will paint the headlights more than likely a reefer white or testor's white equivalent. This model should come out quite nicely- I am debating on painting some of the figures, although I am horrible at it.




Here are the references I am looking at and am trying to follow:

Bulldog Model 1
Bulldog Model 2

No comments: