August 27, 2007

Around the Campus

I went around the campuse yesterday for student orientation: I didn’t want to go but I went anyway for the better of me. I listened to a speaker and did a few activities with our group leaders, then I headed back to my dorm. It was really HOT the other day, I think around 95 degrees farenheight and really humid. I took a shower and went down to the local café for some food. I had two slices of pizza: I could taste that the sauce was original but the end crust really sucked. Otherwise it was some good food. Really greasy, but good nonetheless.


Later in the afternoon I began to feel upset and I will admit, a little homesick. So I decided to get onto 222 and head off of 61 to check out where I used to live: where my life for 2 years was a living nightmare. I wanted to convince myself that the change was for the better, so I strolled down into Leesport and got to my old neighborhood, almost taking a wrong turn because I had not been there for so long. The neighborhood was quiet, maybe a neighbor or two was mowing the lawn and no kids were outside playing. The people that moved into our old house have it well kept, but decided to grow the shrubs (exotic, from the mid-west, Arizona kind of shrubs) a bit by the electrical box. Other than that, they were paving the road off to the north end of the neighborhood. I would expect the kids are returning to school soon.


I went by my old high school that I never graduated from and I think the borough is investing money into the school systems: They are adding ont the middle school and high school. I think the elementary school is to new for them to do anything with it. There was a cnstruction fence in front of the middle schol s I only gt a brief look, but it appears that they are adding on a bit to the right half of the highschool. I was going to head in and see if there was administration in to say hi, but there were firetrucks storming up into the parking lot- I am guessing, because this happened often when I was a student there- when construction guys were working on the school, they would accidentally trip the fire alarm. I drove around the school complex about a mile long and when I came back onto the main road the firetrucks were leaving, confirming my guess at a false alarm. I remember gas clearly being $2.54 a gallon so I will stop by that sheetz if I can, or if wawa down the street from the campus has a close enough price, I’ll drop in and see what’s up.


I went shopping yesterday for some milk (forgot Tullys, our café had milk) and some cheese, this time the American Cheese I wanted. In fact, as of this writing I think I will have a balonga and cheese sandwich in a half hour or so (yum). I talked to my mom and Nazareth was getting part of the heat wave as well. Tired, I came home back to the dorm, showered up, and went to bed around 7:30pm. I was so tired, but I didn’t care. It was raining all night and we had light thunder, most of it heat lightning that you can’t hear. I woke up at 7:30 this morning and decided to clean my room a bit.

No comments: