November 7, 2009

Breaking Benjamin: Dear Agony, Exceptional

I didn't make a post on this? Shame on me.

I talked about previously how Breaking Benjamin released their 4th album, Dear Agony not too long ago. I picked it up and it is an amazing album; a must buy for alternative metal/rock fans.

The cover art is a CAT scan of the brain, amusingly it is Benjamin Burnley's head, the lead singer and composer. Breaking Benjamin has an interesting way of selecting a theme for each of their albums; the last album, Phobia, was about Phobias, and this one is about Agony, the mind, and the monsters within.

This album has a slightly different touch than the other albums, but the music does not disappoint. As usual, the music was composed by the band itself rather than a writer. The songs do have down notes about them, but some actually end on a good note. "Dear Agony" (the song) was my favorite off of this album, followed by a close second with "Give me a Sign", also ending on a good note. Another amusing line from this album was from the song "Anthem of the Angels" "You're dead alive".

This one is going to go platinum rather quickly, this is a must buy if you are a fan of Breaking Benjamin or you like the alternative metal/rock scene. No pun intended, this album blew me away like Phobia did. Great job guys, I am going to be listening for a while to come (As of the date of this posting, Breaking Benjamin is composing music).

I'll give this Album a solid 87%. Metal, Hard Rock, Progressive Metal fan? this is one to pick up.

No comments: