May 15, 2011

1/48 SH-60 Blackhawk, [Italeri]

If you are bouncing up and down (figuratively) that I am getting back into model building, I am too. I decided to give model building a go again, and even though I did minimal work today, I am pleased with the process of building. I found a Hobbytown near my new home and it was a welcome visit. I picked up tools to begin working again (I lost my old tools?) and picked up a nice Italeri 1/48 Blackhawk. Previously, when I began as a novice 8 years ago, I had trouble with an Italeri kit, and had bad impressions of them. How naiive was I, that, Italeri kits just require patience and a pin vice! This kit isn't bad, at all.

When I picked up my pin vice, I didn't get drill bits (doh). I am heading back tomorrow for paint- I need some parts painted during the assembly process. They will be masked off later. I am also going to need a brush and some paint thinner. I am currently working on the cockpit, and will then move onto the exterior of the aircraft. I'll then combine the two halves, puddy and sand the seem, then begin asking/painting. The real challenge will be masking the clear glass, and not getting seepage. That could ruin the entire gig. I am very pleased that I am beginning work again on a fantastic hobby.

No comments: