June 22, 2010

Skyward Sword's Graphics and What it Means for the Franchise

I'm taking this from Zelda Universe's post on the new Zelda game's graphics. I agree- graphics do not make a great game, mechanics and story do. I thought it was interesting to read the poll on the side. Out of a good selection of Zelda nerds *COUGH, who else would visit a Zelda fansite COUGH* 93 PERCENT voted one of two things about Skyward Sword:

a) The graphics look cool and accents the series very well
b) I will wait to see Skyward Sword before passing judgement

Nintendo, in my book, earned the right to do cell shaded graphics after Wind Waker. They said Wind Waker was going to be an epic adventure, and boy it was one. I have no doubt that Nintendo will pull it off again. I heard the same stuff I hear now when Wind Waker came out- and Wind Waker disappointed a very small, but vocal, minority of people that enjoy Zelda.

No comments: