April 18, 2010

USS Enterprise: I Want to Finish This Thing This Summer!


I've been putting off my 1/350 USS Enterprise for some time now- college life has all but taken over. Now that summer is around the corner (and I am out of work), I will have an opportunity to finish the model. I am going to take the 90 some days I have off to complete the project. What needs to be done:


-Collect all the parts

-Clean the hull and other parts

-Permanently join deck pieces

-repaint deck pieces

-repaint dots on deck pieces (monotonous >.>)

-paint sub-assemblies
-paint aircraft (monotonous >.>)

-paint hull line (monotonous >.>)

-Install LED system

-Base located, purchased and installed

-Hull drilled for finials

-Finials purchased

-Install finials

-Nameplate made from Palmer Trophy

-Finishing Touches, Masking

-Dull Coate

-Contemplate acrylic case from Grandpa's Cabinets ($$$)



90/17 equals roughly 5.2 days per step- but some of these steps won't take five days- freeing up time for the other, harder to do stuff. I hope to get the enterprise done this summer! If I DON'T find work during the summer, my parents promised a little running around cash... I hope it will be enough to complete this challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.