November 15, 2009

Xbox360 Owners: Crack your 360 and go Online: Get a Lawsuit



Microsoft currently has about 600,000+ people on their ban list, and before Christmas they are sending in the lawyers to fine you for your stupidity, IF you went online and tried to play a hacked game on your Xbox360.


In response to the fast growing community of home-brew hackers, Microsoft is pursuing legal charges against people they know are hacking their systems and playing burned games. Issues that have plagued the music industry for years are showing similar issues within the gaming community. Currently, if you are on their list of people to bring about charges, you will be fined $2,000 and/or, depending on the severity, spend time in jail for committing a felony.


My personal views are that burned games are wrong. I am not narking anyone for choosing to play burned games. I am stating, however that Microsoft is going after people for playing these burned games. "HCKERS L337 W11L B33T MICRSFT LOLz", and Microsoft is paying off hackers to beat hackers. Like the battle with Apple, corporations will find ways to sue you should you choose to violate copywright acts.


The solution? since I don't make much money anyways, I purchase used games and equipment. I get a lot of enjoyment out of my games, and until I get a stable salary I won't be playing a vast library of "new" titles.

No comments: