February 24, 2008

Re-Thinking the PC


This is a semi-rant about my computer experiences with Windows Products.

I am starting to rethink purchasing a PC in the future. I have had nothing but headaches and problems with Gateway's NX860XL Laptop that I am almost at my limit with both Microsoft and Gateway. Why can't anyone make something that works? I am very thankful to have the computer running again, but now everything else is "breaking down" as well. My SD-Card reader broke with recent windows updates, it is now disabled for whatever reason. Windows Vista is also having problems "remembering" my desktop background! This is a load and I have had nothing but pains and headaches with Microsoft products. I am seriously debating on switching over to a MAC machine but keeping windows, more than likely reverting back to Windows XP which worked a good amount of the time.

My advice is to not purchase Vista. It looks neat but it is so much worse than Windows XP. In fact I want to switch back to Windows XP but I don't even have a fraction of the money to pay someone to do it. The MacBook Pro sounds appealing, maybe after college I will make the switch to see how it really is. Dad always says "Windows has always worked for me". He hasn't tried Vista yet.

No comments: