September 9, 2007

F117-A Nighthawk Spotted






You're invisible to radar but not to my camera =D

I was driving down Route 222 this afternoon back to my dorm at Penn State Berks and I noticed something odd streaking across the sky. At first glance, by the shape of the nose I suspected it to be a F-117 Nighthawk. It flew around again, this time banking left to the point where I could see the underside of the aircraft. Diamond shaped fuselage, yup I got the immediate pleasure of watching a F-117 Nighthawk flying through the area. I was sad that I couldn't take pictures while driving so I pulled into the parking lot to call the house about it and to tell them I arrived safely.

I talked to my mom (dad was asleep watching Golf, as always) and told her about the plane and that I made it safely. I hung up the cell phone and an instant later I hear a loud roar through the sky. The bird is back again! She was flying around the Reading International Airport (I believe that is the name of the Reading Airport?) and this time I swore to take pictures. I pulled out my camera, hoping it would come by again and it sure did. I switched to landscape view and got two good photos and one excellent one, it was a shame I didnt get a clear photo of the aircraft's underbelly. Ahh well, how many times do you get to see a stealth aircraft flying around for no good reason! I suspected it needed gas because I could have sworn it's landing gears were down, then it flew away to the Northeast (I think, need to check that statistic) and probably got rerouted to a nearby airport or base. Kinda cool! I'm glad I got to see one.

No comments: