April 30, 2007

Cantilever Destruction!

Finally got to test our Cantilever Towers this afternoon: and I (almost) failed by a fluke =p Heh I was not gentle enough with the girl and she split into two pieces. I am shocked more than confused, because the cantilever snapped in 3 places, and they were CLEAN breaks (which means I will be repairing and re-doing the test on Wednesday, for fun!). I got a 65 on performance, so if I do a good job on the drawing, and (already said by the Weight Master) if I get a good grade for construction (award for best looking and most symmetrical girl), that is 95+90+65, which averages out to a grade of a 83, not too bad for Engineering III, the hardest of all Engineering courses!






Uploading the video to Youtube as we speak (I hope you like Modern English [the band]; you'll see why) and will have it up on here ASAP. The project was really fun, and like I have said before, failures (although this crane was NOT a failure :) I never got a failing grade) are the only way we learn as people, and it is always important to keep past failures to look back and reflect on. Take a look at some of these pictures here: pics I took last night of the final construction before I had to wake up 4 hours later to head off to campus.

No comments: