December 22, 2006

Wii Update: Internet Channel Launch

I woke up at 4am this morning because I thought I was being beamed up into the sky by aliens (finally! hehe just kidding). It wasn't aliens, but my Wii's disk drive mysteriously blinking on and off a bluish tint. I turned it on to check it out (I heard about this, and I may have gotten mail?) And it turned out, "You got mail". Nintendo had emailed us offering the trial to the Internet channel. I yelled somewhat quietly "oh snap" and tried it out. It's actually pretty dang cool.

Naturally, I tried my blog first, and noticed the banner was off! (Im puzzled as to why none of you told me why it was off?) So I spent an hour or two fixing that, with no help of course. Did a few other things, enlarged the font to make it a bit easier to read for Wii users, and we are golden!

I like how you can pan around the weboages via the B button. However I found a bug or two that can get annoying. If you try to scroll off the page by panning, the system will send you to another page (usually your previous page). You can't type in all text boxes, for example I tried to post from my Wii here through my Blogger dashboard, but I could not type anything because this is not a "standard" text box thing. You also cannot upload pictures or search for files, or download anything. While the Wii Internet channel is pretty cool, its not the same to a home computer- in fact less than one. I would use the Wii Internet Channel to look at things when I wake up early in the morning (when I don't feel like getting up out of bed!). The weather channel is helpful too (the actual Wii channel). If they keep the trial version open to all Wii users, Ill gladly use it. However, I really don't want to pay for less of what I already have in a home computer. Please understand Nintendo.

No comments: