October 24, 2006

Give Nintendo Wii a Chance





Maybe I am just an old bat with my video games, but why not give the Nintendo Wii a chance? The last I heard, preorders have been going through the ROOF at local EB Games and Gamespots (because I could not preorder one). The Console is set to release around early December, and it seems that there is a much higher anticipation (and preorder sales) this time around than for the Nintendo Gamecube (which also sold relativly well).


Even game publishers are getting ancy with the new direction Nintendo wants to take. Some have totally disagreed to even put their games on the system, while others welcome the change of pace and more opportunity to bring forth the graphics and capabilities of the Wi-i. It is now also public knowledge that you can pre-order your Wi-i at Toys'R'Us for this holiday season and that they will be giving away some 20,000 Wi-i.


I love the idea Nintendo is coming up with and I cannot wait to get a Wii for my entertainment. I am still debating however, getting a Playstation 3 or Xbox 2 due to their hefty price tags, however they have a score of great games (and some not so good ones). Ill dig up as much info as I can in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pre-orders HAVE been doing amazing! The in-store pre-orders for EBgames/Game Stop sold out within 44 minutes!! Whereas the PS3 took the whole day to sell out of pre-orders. IMHO, I believe getting a 360 and a Wii is much more worth your cash, than getting a PS3. Considering a PS3 costs $600, and the 360 a mere $400...