May 10, 2010

Itching to....



Well there is one thing that will get me out of World of Warcraft- and it is this. I am itching to build some models again! I have a 1/35 Dragon M1A1 Abrams sitting around that has a ton of detail. The problem I am having is that I lost some of the wheels. On a second note, this model is not for the faint of heart- it is VERY complicated with over 700 parts! for a 1/35 vehicle!

At one point, I planned on botching the project and building Tamiya's 1/35 Abrams, but I don't want to sacrifice the quality of the upper hull. The Dragon model also contains plastic tracks, which I hate. So where am I going with this? I think it is time for a kit bash. I have an academy Abrams lined up that I could buy. I would take the lower hull, complete it, then do some surgery to combine it with dragon's upper hull, and take it from there.

If you had a brass barrel, photo etch, and loads of amazingly detailed parts, you would want to, too. But I have a little apprehension in that I am getting in over my head with a challenging project... The Abrams is one of my favorite weapons systems on the planet (despite its 1/4 mile per gallon fuel consumption), and this would be one of my "pet" models like the 1/350 IJN Yamato... I want to get a display case for this tank.

No comments: