May 23, 2008

1-35 Tamiya Walker Bulldog



I picked up this kit right before I ended the semester. This is Tamiya's 1-35 Walker Bulldog tank, and apparantly from what I learned this is a reboxed and improved version of a 1970's Tamiya model. I loved the detail when I opened the box, and I am torn between using the actual mold color or a darker green. The parts fit together so well that I don't need putty- the barrel to the main gun was sanded and trimmed and it looks as if it is one piece.


I am in the process of painting the inner wheels, then I am going to add the rest of the smaller parts and begin the installation of the lights. I am going to install a 3volt LED system inside the m41a1, so I need to leave the lower hull, upper hull and turret detachable. Then comes the real fun- weathering the tank. I want to weather it so that it looks like it went through a lot of combat in a mud like environment- something plausible in the Korean War despite it being very cold there. This should be a fun mini-project, this is to distract me as I complete my 1/350 Enterprise.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i just got the same kit on monday, i put it together painted and all the last few days.. you want to paint it the army standard tank color for when it was in use, which i think is olive. its a little bit darker than the green its molded in. im also installing a dual gearbox kit in mine when i can get my hands on one, it is also made by tamiya and it is pretty universal so it should fit in my tank as well as yours and any other tank.