August 10, 2007

BB-62 Progress, Bridge Construction








Ahhh so many wrongs to right. I started today by painting the stern parts and I will go back tomorrow and paint the deck chains. Next I started on the aft section of the boat on that hideous paint job. I sprayed deck tan, let it dry, then micromasked the area I wanted to preserve, and handpainted the rear section. I'll lift the micromask tomorrow to see what the damage is and how the experiment turned out. I then began construction on the bridge and added on a few pieces. Also had to do painting on smaller pieces and I will continue with those tomorrow.



I accidentally dropped the upper tower and one of the radar pieces broke off, falling to the floor. I looked maybe for 45 minutes but couldn't find anything (ARGHHHH) so I will have to order replacement parts from Tamiya. Cool thing is: the model is OK without the lost piece until I can get it, AND this gives me an extra SH-60 Seahawk (I have to buy a seperate tree). The kit is discontinued, but I PRAY they have parts in reserve.



I am going to finish the minor bridge pieces tomorrow and install the harpoon launchers and remaining missile launchers. I will build the smaller turrets, hopefully get the smaller boats and speedboats painted and perhaps assembled onto the deck. I am going to try and be more careful with losing parts X_X.

No comments: