January 26, 2012

Dealing with a mess of wires

When you're lazy at home like me, sometimes your cords begin to look like this lovely mess. I finally decided to do something about it, and after watching someone on youtube build their own game room, I had an idea to contain this mess of wires.

You can pick up everything you need at home depot. I chose 2" PVC with the proper T-joint. Choose either 1' or 2' increments. Do not glue the system together! Simply fit all the pipes snuggly. I then feed from the wall prong down through the top of the T piece to either the left or right. To the left is my entertainment center. To the right is my computer. This will keep wires out of view and inside the PVC pipe, which doesn't care about anything room temperature at atmospheric pressure. At some point I would like to paint the apparatus black.


MUCH cleaner wire setup!

No comments: