September 20, 2009

FCC Looks to Add Net Neutrality Rules for USA: GO GO GO!!!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jgJce6q7W6GS_qlPWspwJQO998ZgD9AQKBL80

To make this short and sweet, here is the situation. Companies like Comcast are restricting download/uploads to 4GB a month (tiny). I can understand if they limit the down/up to say, 200GB a month (I don't know average rates) but the FCC is looking to intervene with Comcast and other ISPs. Comcast can block, interrupt or inhibit the flow of free information on their network- in short, if they don't want you to see something, they will stop it. I look forward to Comcast's boning and this is a good chance to root for the FCC. I won't pay for Comcast, and afaik I have down/uploaded NOT like a maniac (and over 4 gigs) every week or so and I am satisfied.

No comments: