December 3, 2007

Criticism on Brad Pitt: Are the American People Really Helping New Orleans?

I saw this article and I was a bit perturbed by its message. Brad Pitt and the Make it Right foundation are restoring homes in the lower 9th Ward of New Orleans for people to come back and move in. The article cites that Mr. Pitt said and I quote ""To build those 150 homes, we need the help of the American people". Maybe my understanding of this statement is wrong?

Two or so months ago I sent an email to the MIR foundation on hopes to assist with the construction or whatever aspect I could. I sent a professional and courteous email but I have not received a reply in about 2 months. I am very disappointed and a bit confused with Mr. Pitts statement. Does he mean that people must donate money to be of help? I have plenty of muscle and inginuity that could go a longer way. I am very disappointed with the professionalism of the MIR foundation and I was hoping that if they said they didn't need me that they would at least send a courteous email. I would accept it and be done with it; however I think a no reply is just plain rude.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/03/pitt.nola/?iref=mpstoryview

I support Brad Pitts efforts to restore the lower ninth ward and I hope he accomplishes his mission.

No comments: