June 20, 2007

Hydrofoil Model Sailboat

We were out shopping the boardwalk and I found this store near the very beginning (close to the museum) that sold model ships and other things. I found this one that I really liked, already furnished and put onto a professional wooden stand for a great price. I picked it up and I am still happy with the purchase. The boat was painted very well and was crafted with wood. The rigging is excellent and tight. If the rigging were to come loose, there are hooks that can re-attach the lines in about 2 seconds. Neat foil, great price, and I will definetly pick up another one when I come down next year.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't think thats a hydrofoil, more like a weight on the keel.. most likely, a foil would protrude more?

Anonymous said...

That's not a hydrofoil, it is keel ballast. It is needed as a counterweight to the sails.