June 20, 2007

OC Vacation 2007: Day 4

I woke up later today around noon. My sister and her friends went to the local waterpark and myself and my parents tooka trip to the boardwalk for some exercise. My dad wanted to check out the Ocean Gallery store, and I wanted to get out ofthe condo and feel that nice ocean breeze. What's nice about being down in Ocean City is that once you get down here, itis so much easier to breathe at sea level. In the Lehigh Valley PA, we are 3000 some feet above sea level. At Ocean City, we were at sea level, so I did get a temporary nose bleed due to elevation change. We visited Thrashers and I had some of the best french fries (THE BEST) in the world. I highly recommend that you stop near the entrance to the boardwalk, and you musttry Thrashers french fries. We walked down the boardwalk and spent maybe 45 minutes in the Ocean Gallery store.


Out of all the places I have been to here, this store actually impressed me. There is so much art that it is ridiculous, if impossiblenot to stop and admire the art. I made a comment about how it must have taken a lot of effort and time to get all theartwork on display. I really liked this one painting, and my dad decided to get it for me, which I appreciate a lot. It'sa photo of the ruins of a watch light tower beign hit by a huge wave. Really great detail, and I am definatly hanging it up in my room. I walked it all the way back to the old ford (SUV) and we loaded up and went back to the condo. My sisterand her friend met us back there and we had a small brunch. Sister is sleeping, her friend watching TV, both my parentsare taking a nap, and I am here on this laptop (without internet access typing up this post in notepad. This evening I amgoing to go out and try to get my kite up in the air and hopefully get some footage. I think I am gonna leave my dad thecamera so he can get video of me launching and flying, among other pictures. I bet if there is a nice sunset; its gonna looksso cool.







No comments: