August 26, 2006

In the Batter's Box: 1/100 HG Legend Gundam PAINT





Paint Pictures. The one with the trees I painted first, the paint is coming along well and I placed another layer of Saran Wrap over it to protect the paint (16 hours after it dried, der.) The paint is coming along well and I would say 1 or 2 more coats should do (occasional missed spot yet to paint)



Same picture, at an angle. I am always careful while painting, and instead of killing us off by breathing in paint fumes, I spray "on" the bench with paper towels underneath the wrap, and cardboard underneath that. I use Saran Wrap, because as I have found with previous disaster models, if you paint a piece on a napkin or towel, the towel in question will stick to the part, making the texture uneven and the said particle a pain in the ARSE to get rid of. Saran Wrap usually will not peel off any new paint. If it does, it does not harm the texture, and I can just respray. I expect all of the white will take an entire can of Tamiya. I then take the cardboard out to the back shed where wooden palletes lay, and I let them dry for a two hours or so, then place saran wrap over the parts to prevent extra dust from touching them.



Some more of similar pieces, except what I did, was disconnect the pieces by color by creating new trees, then painting them their seperate colors. I was not happy with the grey, so I am painting the Gundam 90% white. The black was a previous darker grey I was not happy about. I enhanced the Red with more of a kandy effect, its a more down to earth "fiesta" red. I then selected a duller blue to get rid of the off the assembly line glow. I will, of course at the conclusion of the model, post the paints I used and their serial numbers if you liked my work. Till then!

No comments: