August 26, 2012

Yonem Kirks Pretty Much There

Well, the parts came out of the shop tonight looking great. Originally I used green puddy to work on the seam lines, and despite primering, they showed up a little bit. To rectify this, I went and purchased Tamiya X-22 Clear and applied it to the seam line areas. Sure enough, the second layer of tan drastically reduced their appearance. Gotta squint real hard to see them now. I am by no means the perfect modeler, but after some weathing I will be fully satisfied with my 1/144 Zaku Sniper: Yonem Kirks Edition.

I still need to add parts to the rifle. Namely the scope lense.

Insert generic pose shot

I can barely tell where the seam lines were.

Cameras often expose flaws we do not see with the naked eye. I will go back and work on that polycap you can see under the shoulder.


I am getting MUCH, MUCH better at filling seam lines. That shoulder piece was originally two halves.


The backpack can be touched up with dry brushing. And maybe a little bit of brush painting.

This picture is a good example of laziness. As much as I sanded the back of the left leg, the puddy is still visible. Better than a seam line, I suppose. Right leg was done properly. Next time I will be a little more rough!





No comments: