August 8, 2017

The Way of Kings - Part 1



This would be an update on my reading progress for Brandon Sanderson's 'The Way of Kings'. [323/1007]

I like this book. You can definitely tell that Sanderson has spent quite some time developing it. There is a lot going on in a very focused point of view between about a half dozen characters. The story thus far has been moving along kind of slowly- but with a book of this size and epicness there is a lot of information to soak up- I hope your mind is like a sponge. It has been getting better and better. I particularly like the story of Kaladin and the issues that he is facing. He has to deal with the fact that he is a slave and is seen as scum while debating himself about the philosophy of life, honor and other people. I expect to enjoy Dalinar's tale a bit more as it moves along. It's been perhaps 150 pages or so- but no sign of Shallan.

I eventually want to get the hard cover for collector's purposes- and read... The durability of the film covering on the paperback is peeling. I had this problem with my Half-Orcs omnibus and it's annoying. They cut the protective film right at the edge of the book instead of bringing it to the inside of the cover. The result? if you touch the edges.....


No comments: